Scuba diving in Ulong Channel
The site is located on the west side of Ulong Island and is regarded as an ideal drift dive. The shallow channel expands some 500m/1640ft - at an average width of 33m/108ft - into the lagoon. The sides of the channel, which are festooned with sea fans and soft coral, start just under the surface and gently slope toward the sandy bottom.
When to go
Scuba diving can be done all year round, though July to October are the wettest months. Air temperature ranges between 26-31C/78-87F, while the water temperature stays close to 28C/82F throughout the year.
What to see
The sandy bottom is decked with multiple coral heads and coral formations. The unique feature is an enormous Lettuce coral, which is home to schools of squirrelfish, soldierfish and glasseyes. On an incoming tide gray reef and white tip sharks, sting rays, schools of snappers, jacks, barracudas and big eye trevally patrol the mouth of the Channel together with schooling, spawning groupers that can be seen during full moon, especially between April and July .
Liveaboards with trips to Ulong Channel
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals 25% OFF of Palau Siren Palau
- Featured Trips Photo course of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals $400 OFF of Palau Aggressor I Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals $400 OFF of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Featured Trips Unique Expedition of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE $1000 of Rock Islands Aggressor (Tropic Dancer) Palau
- Money Saving Deals 10% OFF of Discovery Adventure Philippines, Palau