Scuba diving in Chandelier Cave
Chandelier Cave is a cave system composed of five separate chambers. These chambers are all connected and can be explored one by one, the 4 are under water, while the 5th is just above the water surface. Every cave has an air pocket and divers can observe some fascinating old stalactites and stalagmites. Entrance to the first cave is through a 3m/10ft in diameter opening in the rock island that is just 4m/13ft below the surface. Divers can easily swim through the first 4 chambers, but to get to the 5th, they will need to put away their diving gear and crawl through slippery mud.
When to go
The dry season, which runs between November and May, is the best time for diving, though diving can be great year-round. The average water temperature throughout the year stays about 27C/80F.
What to see
Around the cave entrance, soldierfish, cardinalfish, lots of shrimp, crab and sometimes mandarin fish can be found. Also, near the entrance divers can see 3 depth charges left here from WWII.
Liveaboards with trips to Chandelier Cave
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Featured Trips Photo Сourse of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals 10% OFF of Discovery Adventure Palau, Philippines
Reviews about Chandelier Cave
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.