Scuba diving in Blue corner
Located at the northwest end of Ngemelis Island, the site has everything a diver could wish for. Tourists can dive this site from two different directions, depending on the current. Strong currents here attract large schools of fish and large pelagics (at a depth of 11m/36ft currents become even stronger). This dive begins on the top of a shallow coral shelf, that projects into the ocean and features vertical walls. After swimming along the lush soft coral wall for approximately 100m/300ft, divers will find a cavern with giant gorgonian sea fans.
When to go
Palau has a tropical climate with a mean annual air temperature of 28С/82F, and water temperature of 25C/77F. The best time for diving is during the dry season, which is from November to May.
What to see
On the plateau, divers will encounter schools of barracuda, wrasses, triggerfish, Moorish idols and butterflyfish. Along the vertical walls, gorgonian fans, soft corals, hard corals, eels, anemones, barracuda, as well as schools of grey reef sharks can be seen. Generally, the list of marine species seen at this site is almost endless: large schools of jacks, barracudas and snapper, dogtooth tuna, manta rays, white tip sharks, Napoleon wrasse, parrotfish, moray eels, mackerel, and sometimes hammerhead sharks, whale sharks, mantas, marlin, sailfish and whales visit this site. The list of small critters includes leafy scorpion fish, nudibranchs, lion fish and anemone fish who can also be found here.
Liveaboards with trips to Blue corner
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE 20% of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE 50% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Featured Trips Spawning Trip of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau