Scuba diving in Peleliu Cut
Peleliu Cut is a reef on the south part of Peleliu Island that features a wall that drops vertically with a large cut in it. The plateau at this dive goes down right next to the WWII monument. This spot has an exceptionally powerful and unpredictable current, so only advanced divers can explore the hidden treasures of the reef here. Peleliu Cut is popular for its hook-in point for stopping, and for the variety of marine life.
When to go
Diving is available around Peleliu at any time of year, but conditions need to be checked each time before divers descend. The average air temperature is about 26-30C/79-86F, and the water temperature often reaches 26-27C/79-81F. June and July get the most rain.
What to see
This reef hosts abundant marine animals next to its wall and plateau, such as butterflyfish, angelfish, surgeonfish, blue tangs, and many other bright fish. Some even more impressive species in these waters are tiger sharks, marlins, grey reef sharks, and whale sharks. Turtles and sperm whales can also be seen.
Liveaboards with trips to Peleliu Cut
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals 25% OFF of Palau Siren Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals $400 OFF of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Featured Trips Unique Expedition of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
Reviews about Peleliu Cut
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.