Scuba diving in Blue holes
The reef is a vertical wall situated near Ngemelis Island. In about 2m/6ft depth, four blue water holes in the reef surface serve as entryways into a large cavern. There are 2 exits from the cavern, on the front of the reef divers will spot a small and a large openings. When diving to the bottom of this 24m/78ft deep cavern, divers will find a large cave which is usually flooded with rays of sunlight due to the outer reefs being open. It is an amazing sight: each hole on the ceiling seems to be painted light blue, while the large opening - a deep dark blue. The Blue Holes are also a starting point for the Blue Corner dive.
When to go
Diving is possible all year round. The average water temperature throughout the year varies from 26C/78F to 29C/84F.
What to see
Large schools of barracuda, snapper, tuna and masses of brilliant tropical fish patrol the cavern opening, as well as fans, wire coral and soft corals can be found along the reef.
Liveaboards with trips to Blue holes
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Featured Trips Photo Сourse of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals Save $1000 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals Save $700 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals Save $1000 of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Featured Trips Spawning Trip of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
Reviews about Blue holes
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.