Scuba diving in Jellyfish Lake
Jellyfish Lake is a very popular destination for snorkelers from all over the world. The lake is situated deep in Rock Island. This lake used to be connected to the ocean, but now it is secluded, except for the sea water that percolates into the lake through fissures and tunnels in the limestone cliffs. Snorkeling is safe as long as divers stay away from the unsafe hydrogen sulphide layer that hovers between 15 -20m/49-65ft deep. To reduce the risk of hydrogen sulphide poisoning scuba diving is prohibited here.
When to go
Diving is available all year long, though the high season is between November and May. The average water temperature ranges between 26-29C/78-84F.
What to see
There are about two million jellyfish (including moon and golden species), which sting is not detectable on most human tissue so snorkelers will be delight with the dive. During the day the jellyfish come after the movement of the sunlight, which feeds the algae they survive on.
Liveaboards with trips to Jellyfish Lake
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals 20% OFF of Palau Siren Palau
- Featured Trips Unique Expedition of Palau Siren Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals 27%OFF of Palau Aggressor Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals 27%OFF of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Pay For 6 Nights & 7th FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Pay For 6 Nights & 7th FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
Dive center`s Special Offers
Koror Fish 'n Fins Dive Center Palau
Full Day Diving (2 dives) + Snorkelling Jellyfish LakeFull day diving (2 dives) + snorkelling Jellyfish Lake. This product is for certified divers only