Scuba diving in New Drop Off
New Drop-Off is a dive site that begins at the German Channel and turns into a vertical wall next to Ngemelis Island. It soon leads to two reef walls that meet at a plateau and drop down to 150m/492ft. Right before where they meet, there is a deep canyon with a magnificent cavern. The currents can be quite strong and unpredictable around this dive site.
When to go
New Drop-Off is good for diving at any time of the year, even though June and July can be very rainy with decreased visibility. The temperature of the air tends to be around 26-30C/79-86F with warm waters at about 26-27C/79-81F.
What to see
This dive site hides stunning views of huge sea fans and healthy corals of all colors, a photographer’s delight. In addition to a few types of rare angelfish that can be spotted around the wall here, there are also grey reef sharks, snappers, eagle rays, and butterflyfish.
Liveaboards with trips to New Drop Off
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Featured Trips Photo Сourse of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals 10% OFF of Discovery Adventure Philippines, Palau
Reviews about New Drop Off
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.