Scuba diving in German Channel
German Channel is located 37km/23mi southwest of Koror. The channel was cut through the shallow reef during the German occupation in WW2, to allow German ships easy access from the inner lagoon to the open sea. The site is a drift dive with well-developed walls of coral and an abundance of fish. Photo opportunities are excellent.
When to go
The best season to dive German Channel is between November and May. The average water temperature stays around 27C/82F. Manta rays' numbers tend to be highest between December and March.
What to see
It is home to Manta Ray dive site, a natural cleaning station and shallow coral garden that features crocodile fish, nudibranchs, octopus, anemones and clownfish. The Manta Ray cleaning station can be found at a depth of 20m/65ft on a wide sandy plateau with rocky outcrops, where the large number of giant manta rays and grey reef sharks get cleaned by cleaner wrasses. Also barracudas, lionfish, leaffish, schooling black snapper, trevally, turtles, titan trigger fish as well as some other fish patrol the area.
Liveaboards with trips to German Channel
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE 20% of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE 50% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Featured Trips Spawning Trip of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau