Scuba diving in Big Drop Off
Big Drop-Off has a vertical wall that stretches alongside Ngemelis Island. The wall deserves to be seen from all directions. It is possible to spot a big chain connected to a 2m/6ft steel sphere all the way from WWII that used to stop Japanese from coming to this channel. The end of the reef goes down to 274m/899ft. Sometimes a light current can occur.
When to go
Divers come to this dive site at all times of the year, even though there is a lot of rain in June and July. The average temperature of the air is 26-30C/79-86F and the average water temperature is 26-27C/79-81F.
What to see
The highlights of the Big Drop-Off are the sharks: gray reef, whitetips, and leopard sharks. The smaller species include square anthias, butterflyfish, parrotfish, and lionfish. The most difficult to notice are leaf fish, stonefish, and tiny, colorful nudibranchs.
Liveaboards with trips to Big Drop Off
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Money Saving Deals HALF PRICE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Featured Trips Photo Сourse of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE $400 of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE $400 of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Featured Trips Spawning Trip of Palau Siren Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals Get 3 Nights FREE of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Palau Aggressor II Palau
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Rock Islands Aggressor Palau
- Money Saving Deals 10% OFF of Discovery Adventure Philippines, Palau
Reviews about Big Drop Off
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.