Scuba diving in Small Dos Amigos
Small Dos Amigos is a remote dive site located on the south of Cocos Island in Costa Rica. Small Dos Amigos has volcanic slopes and sharp rocks full of starfish and urchins, so this site is only for experienced divers. The depth ranges between 18-36m/60-120ft, while the visibility can reach 30m/98ft.
When to go
Here diving is possible only during the dry months from December to April. The rainy season can cause strong currents and rough surges, so it is not advisable to dive from May to November. The average air and water temperature fall between 25-28C/77-82F.
What to see
The variety of species include creolefish, king angelfish, snappers, eagle rays, dolphins, and groupers. Hammerhead and blacktip shark encounters are frequent here.
Liveaboards with trips to Small Dos Amigos
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals Save 28% of Okeanos Aggressor I Costa Rica
- Limited Time Hot Deals Save 28% of Okeanos Aggressor II Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1500 of Argo Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals Up to 20% OFF of Sea Hunter Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1500 of Sea Hunter Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals 15% OFF of Argo Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Okeanos Aggressor I Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Okeanos Aggressor II Costa Rica
Reviews about Small Dos Amigos
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.