Scuba diving in Big Dos Amigos
Located on the southern side of Cocos Island, Big Dos Amigos is the largest rock dive site, which features an interesting arch going all the way down to 34m/110ft. Big Dos Amigos is suitable for more experienced divers, with a depth between 18-40m/60-131ft and currents of 2 knots sometimes.
When to go
Diving is possible year round, while the months from December through April tend to bring the best visibility and more favorable conditions. The air temperature averages 28-30C/82-86F, and the sea temperature is around 25-27C/77-81F.
What to see
The arch serves as home for larger marine species, such as whitetip and hammerhead sharks, rays, snappers, groupers, and lobsters. There is a higher chance to see hammerhead sharks during the rainy season, from May to November.
Liveaboards with trips to Big Dos Amigos
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Money Saving Deals SAVE UP TO $2000 of Sea Hunter Costa Rica
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE MORE THAN 35% of Okeanos Aggressor I Costa Rica
- Limited Time Hot Deals SPECIAL PRICE of Okeanos Aggressor II Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE UP TO $2000 of Argo Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Sea Hunter Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 1000$ of Argo Costa Rica
- Money Saving Deals SAVE 25% of Okeanos Aggressor I Costa Rica
Reviews about Big Dos Amigos
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.