Scuba diving in Carnatic
The Carnatic is a beautiful 19th century British cargo ship which is considered to be one of the best wreck dives of the Gubal Strait. The length of the ship is 90m/295ft, the depth of the wreck is 24m/79ft with the water visibility 20-30m/65-100ft. The wreck is broken in 2 pieces and lies on its side on the reef. The wreck is known for its huge bronze propeller and the beautiful corals that cover it after over 140 years on the sea floor.
When to go
All year long. Water temperature ranges from 22 to 28C/71 to 82F.
What to see
Wreck, reefs, coral, moray eels, a great variety of Red Sea reef fish.
Liveaboards with trips to Carnatic
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Limited Time Hot Deals EARLY BIRD of Royal Evolution Egypt, Sudan
- Money Saving Deals FROM €999 of Grand Sea Serpent Egypt
- Limited Time Hot Deals SPECIAL PRICE of Golden Dolphin II Egypt
- Limited Time Hot Deals SPECIAL PRICE of Golden Dolphin III Egypt
- Money Saving Deals FROM €750 of Miss Nouran Egypt
Dive center`s Special Offers
Hurghada Aquarius (Marriott Red Sea Resort)
Boat Trip to Abu NuhasBoat trip to Abu Nuhas Wreck. This product is for certified divers only
Hurghada Aquarius (Palm Beach)
Boat Trip to Abu NuhasBoat trip to Abu Nuhas. Dive the famous wrecks of Abu Nuhas. You will visit Ghiannis D and Carnatic. Min. 6 participants needed. This product is for certified divers only
Reviews about Carnatic
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.