Scuba diving in Cousins Rock
Located northeast of Santiago Island, the site consists of a rock formation which rises about 10m/32ft out of the water. Cousin Rock is presented with a wall and an area of sloping rock plates. On the southern side of the dive there is a big rock separated from the mainland by a small channel, on the eastern side the rock is sloping, on the western and northern it is steep. Divers can explore walls and a chain of ledges made up of many layers of volcanic rock and overhangs.
When to go
High diving season is from December to April. Annual water temperature varies between 19C/66F and 26C/78F.
What to see
Along the wall divers can spot endemic black coral which serves as shelter to numerous seahorses, also, the slope and the wall are covered with red sponges, small hard corals and sea fans. There is a variety of marine life populating this site, including lots of sea lions, barracudas, yellowtail surgeonfish, salema, manta and eagle rays, hammerhead and white tipped reef sharks. There are amazing macro diving opportunities and all sorts of smaller creatures to observe, including lots of nudibranchs and frogfish.
Reachable fromIsabela Island (Albemarle)
Liveaboards with trips to Cousins Rock
Liveaboard Special Offers
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1500 of Humboldt Explorer Ecuador
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $2000 of Majestic Explorer Ecuador
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE 200$ of Calipso Ecuador
- Money Saving Deals SAVE UP TO $700 of Galapagos Aqua Ecuador
- Limited Time Hot Deals SAVE UP TO 15% of Galapagos Master Ecuador
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Galapagos Aggressor III Ecuador
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Humboldt Explorer Ecuador
- Money Saving Deals SAVE $1000 of Majestic Explorer Ecuador
Reviews about Cousins Rock
Do you have an insight or story on this dive site? Tell everyone about it.