Why divebooker? ‘Cause:
Free cancellationMost offers allow cancellation of your booking up to several days before the date booked without penalties.
Best price guaranteedAll prices are published by the dive centers themselves with commitment that you get the lowest price available for any item you book.
Book directly with a dive centerBooking via Divebooker means booking directly with a dive center based on their firsthand knowledge avoiding any intermediary mark-up.
Must-See Dive Sites
Diving in Playa Blanca
When to go to Playa Blanca
The warm climate of Playa Blanca makes diving feasible year-round, with water temperatures ranging from 18-22C/64-71F. Though the highest diving season is considered to be from April to October, there is generally very low rainfall year round, and October is the wettest month. The average air temperature throughout the year varies, around 16-25C/60-77F. There is good visibility, at 10-40m/32-131ft.
What to see
Marine life includes butterfly rays, barracuda, groupers, moray eels, jacks, bream, sardines, cuttlefish, octopus, seahorses, damselfish, wrasse, etc. Watching Angel sharks gliding in crystal-clear water while diving is a great experience.
Scuba diving in Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca is a small fishing village situated at the southern tip of the volcanic island of Lanzarote in 28 km from Lanzarote Airport. Playa Blanca is a lively tourist destination with a wide range of hotels, shops, and restaurants. It has a white sandy beach, and other beaches such as Playa Dorada and Playa Flamingo are located nearby. Montaña Roja (a dormant volcano) overlooks Playa Blanca, and this is some impressive scenery. Some attractive locations on the island are just a few minutes from Playa Blanca: Timanfaya National Park, the Janubio salt flats, Los Ajaches, and the green lagoon El Golfo. Diving in Playa Blanca is amazing for its undersea caves, tunnels, sheer walls, wrecks and abundant marine life. The highlight of the area is its extremely clear waters and rich marine life. The depths of the dive sites around vary from 14 to 30m/45-98ft. There are also opportunities for night diving in this area.
3 dive centers nearby
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Instructor Development Center 107 m away Cala Blanca
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Dive Center, PADI Dive Center 116 m away Lanzarote Non Stop Divers
- PADI, PADI 5* Instructor Development Center, PADI Dive Center 1.96 km away DAWN DIVES ACADEMY LANZAROTE
3 dive centers nearby
- PADI, PADI 5* Instructor Development Center, PADI Dive Center 22 m away DAWN DIVES ACADEMY LANZAROTE
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Instructor Development Center 1.94 km away Cala Blanca
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Dive Center, PADI Dive Center 1.95 km away Lanzarote Non Stop Divers
2 dive centers nearby
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Dive Center, PADI Dive Center 1.63 km away Lanzarote Non Stop Divers
- PADI, 100% AWARE, PADI 5* Instructor Development Center 1.64 km away Cala Blanca